Reynolds Theatres Entertainment was established in 1979 when Vern Reynolds purchased the Palace Theatre in Elmwood. The Palace Theatre was orginally built in 1913 as a Vaudeville house. The original tin walls, ceiling and original balcony still exist. The Palace theatre has 1 screen with comfortable seating and is located in beautiful downtown Elmwood. It features a balcony, beautiful wood work and Ultra Stereo. The Palace was hit by a tornado June 10 2010 and has been totally rebuilt. It is operating 7 days a week. A must see.
Morton Cinema was purchased in 1987 and started as a single screen theatre. It has since been expanded to 5 screens. The Morton Cinema has a new concession stand featuring specialty items such as pretzels, nachos, ice cream and great popcorn cooked with finest ingredients. A new soda bar allows customers to get self serve soda (PEPSI) in a convenient location away from the main stand. This theatre features DTS on 3 screens with extended surround in house 1 and is located in the Field Shopping Center in Morton.
The Garden Theatre in Canton and the Town Theatre in Chillicothe were purchased April 1999. Remodeling was started on the Garden theatre shortly afterwards. The Garden lobby and auditorium have been redone with curtain in the auditorium for sound purposes. New ceilings and light fixtures were installed in the lobby along with carpet and wood work. The self serve soda station has been very popular and PEPSI products are served. The Garden features Ultra Stereo.
The Town Theatre in Chillicothe was purchased in April of 1999 but has been sold on Nov 30th of 2009 to the local Optimist Club. Now operating as a non profit to benefit the community.
The Peoria Cinemas 12 is now operating on it own under the operation of the Landmark recreation Center. RTE is a consultant.
The Theatre Historical Society of America